ANNOUNCING “A NEW YEAR—A NEW YOU” CONTEST
So to start the new year you’d really like to get a fresh portrait done for your social media profiles or to give to your significant other as a gift, but you’re too stressed out from Christmas shopping, holiday parties, baking cookies, and decorating your home to make time for it. Have we got a contest for you! The owners of Kathleen Kelly Photo, Bello In Home Salon, Heart Path Massage, and Liz’s Personal Chef Service are giving away a package of services that will de-stress the hectic holidays and have you feeling like “a new you.” Read on to find out how you can be the lucky winner of this contest.
WHAT WILL YOU WIN?
1. A one-hour deep tissue massage by Andrew O’Connell Shevenell at Heart Path Massage in Portland. (valued at $60)
2. This will be followed by a hair styling and professional makeup application (for the ladies) or a hair trim and style, with an optional manicure, (for the gentlemen) done by Hydie Knuckles, of Bello In Home Salon. (valued at $120)
3. You will then have your portrait photographed by Kathleen Kelly, of Kathleen Kelly Photo. You will receive one web-ready file for use on social media sites as well as one fine art print, suitable for framing. (valued at $175)
4. When you return home, you will find dinner and dessert for 4 that has been prepared for you by Liz Sawicki, of Liz’s Personal Chef Service. You just have to heat and eat! (valued at $120).
A total package valued at $475! Are you interested? Here is how you can have the chance to win.
HOW DO YOU ENTER THE CONTEST?
Go to the websites of Andrew, Hydie, Kathy and Liz. Check the “About Me” sections to find the answers to the following questions. Submit your answers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “A New You” in the subject line. You must include your name, phone number and email address with your answers. If you’ve answered all 4 questions correctly, your name will be entered to win in a random drawing from all the correct responses.
1. What massage school did Andrew attend?
(look for the answer at www.heartpath.co)
2. Who did Hydie help produce a fashion show for?
(look for the answer at www.belloinhomesalon.com)
3. Name one of the magazines where Kathleen’s photos have been published.
(look for the answer at www.kathleenkellyphoto.com)
4. When did Liz open Liz’s Personal Chef Service
(look for the answer at www.lizpersonalchef.com)
Your answers must be received during the contest period from Sunday Dec. 2nd 2012 at 12:01 a.m. through Tuesday Dec. 11th 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST. You must be available to redeem your prize on either Monday Dec. 17th or Tuesday Dec. 18th. Only one entry per person is allowed. The winning entry will be drawn randomly from all the correct responses on Wednesday Dec. 12th 2012. The winner will be notified by email that day. He or she must respond to the notification by noon on Thursday Dec. 13th. We will also make one attempt to call you by phone. If we do not hear back from you by the deadline, a new winner will be drawn randomly from the remaining contest entries.
WHAT ARE THE CONTEST RULES FOR “A NEW YEAR—A NEW YOU”?
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia at least 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on December 2, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 11, 2012 (the Entry Period). There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address after the first entry received from that person will be void.
3. DRAWING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing held on December 12, 2012 from all the eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will send the potential winner an email from Kathleen Kelly Photo to the email used to enter the contest with instructions on how to claim the prize. If the potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message by noon on December 13, 2012 after the Sponsor sent the email message, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected.
4. PRIZES (1): One combo prize package of services. Total ARV of prize: $475. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, photograph and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, including announcing his/her name on various Social Media platforms, without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled entries, tweets or retweets or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this contest. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.